Our absolute priority is to offer the safest service possible to customers, riders and stores and we have taken a number of important actions to ensure we deliver food safely for everyone. For example, we have introduced contact-free delivery, guidelines for stores on how to run delivery-only kitchens hygienically and guidance for riders on safe and secure delivery. We are in daily contact with local health officials to make sure we are offering customers, stores and riders the most up-to-date guidance and safest service possible. It’s also important to note that the European Food Safety Authority has said that there is “no evidence that food is a likely source or route of transmission of the virus”. We realise this is a concerning period for everyone and want to assure you that safety is our priority during and beyond this unprecedented time
Customers can choose ‘Contact-free delivery’ at check-out. Riders will be able to see when a customer has selected this option in the order’s delivery notes and will then follow a simple process to ensure there is no contact when the food is delivered.
Riders will be asked to let the customer know they have arrived, place the order outside their door, step a safe distance back and wait nearby for the customer to collect the food before the order can be completed. Riders are also able to make orders contact-less if they wish by letting customers know through the app before they arrive.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 we have and continue to do everything we can to help riders:
- Up-to-date guidance: Extensive hygiene guidance and updates are available on the rider website, as well as the latest information from the Governmenton how self-employed people like riders can access additional financial support.
- Teekit’s Rider Support Fund: If a rider who regularly works with Teekit does experience symptoms of COVID-19 or is told to self-isolate by a medical authority, they can also apply for financial help through our Rider Support Fund.
- Contact-free pick up & delivery: We’ve introduced contact-free pick up and delivery across the UK which means riders can work without coming into direct contact with restaurant staff or customers.
- Free products: Riders can apply for a payment of up to £20 to cover the purchase of hygiene products like hand sanitiser or face masks while we work to secure our own supply.
- Support from stores: We have asked all of our restaurant partners to provide riders with access to soap and water or hand sanitising gel at their property whenever possible.
We are here to deliver for stores who want to carry on offering their amazing food to families at home during this difficult time. We are working with stores to optimise their operations for delivery, and we are doing everything we can to make sure people still have access to the food they want and need.
- Published detailed guidanceon how stores can run delivery-only outlets safely, covering issues such as how to minimise contact, packaging and hygiene best practice.
- Developed bespoke online marketing support for stores to let customers know they are operating delivery services
- Established teams of people across the business to recruit and support stores who want to be able to deliver food.
- Lowered onboarding fees for new stores
- Developed an app to introduce ‘contact-free delivery’ so that stores can give confidence to consumers that delivery is conducted safely
- Shared expert advice and guidance on how to operate safely during the outbreak
Campaigned for more support for stores from government
Our customer care team is on hand to support our customers with any outstanding queries or complaints. We are experiencing high demand but all outstanding queries and complaints will be dealt with promptly.
We have dedicated teams in place to support our customers, riders and restaurant partners during this worrying time. Please send us an email to admin@Teekit.co.uk, or you can send a message in-app or via Twitter and Facebook.